Resources | Krista Soroka | Author of Beckoned
Plan of Salvation
Are you a Believer?
Giving your heart to Jesus is the most important decision you will ever make. When you understand your need for His salvation and respond by confessing your sins and inviting Him to be your Lord and Savior, your life as a believer begins!
Understanding your need for Christ’s redemption is the first step. What is redemption?
“Redemption means that Jesus Christ can put into any man the hereditary disposition that was in Himself...The moral transaction on my part is agreement with God’s verdict on sin in the Cross of Jesus Christ. God cannot put into me, a responsible moral being, the disposition that was in Jesus Christ unless I am conscious I need it.” (Oswald Chambers in “My Utmost for His Highest”)
Will you pause and reflect whether you understand your need for Jesus?
If you are like me, even though I gave my heart to Christ at the age of seven, I came to the realization that my lifestyle of casual faith was actually leading me away from Christ. I was a seasoned Christian and still didn’t grasp my need until I identified sin as sin in my life. I was desperate for Christ to put His disposition in me.
I am so grateful the Holy Spirit led me to understand my need. In response, I repented and recommitted my life to Him. And on that day my life began to change.
The Steps to Salvation
If you haven’t given your life to Christ or if you have but your casual life of faith is leading you away from Him, I encourage you to commit to the life Jesus is offering you today. Will you read this plan of salvation* and pray by faith the following scriptures to invite Jesus as Lord of your life?
- Confess to God you are a sinner. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) Name specific sins as well as the general sin of not having a right relationship with Him.
- Repent of your sin, which simply means that you are willing to stop sinning and turn away from it with His help.
- Ask God to cleanse and forgive you of your sin through the blood of Jesus Christ shed at the cross. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (I John 1:9)
- Invite Jesus to come into your life as your Savior, taking control of your life as Lord. “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and live with him, and he with Me.” (Revelation 3:20)
- Thank Him by faith for having now done what you have asked Him to do in #3 and #4. “As many as received Jesus, to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.” (John 1:12) “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Welcome to the family of God! I encourage you to join our prayer group on Facebook where you can connect with other believers. Fellowship with God’s family is important as you begin your walk with Jesus Christ!
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name. Amen.
To help you study God's word, you can subscribe to receive Krista's free daily devotional, Wild for Christ.
The Bible. This is the best book in the world! There are many different translations. .
Daily Devotional: Oswald Chambers "My Utmost For His Highest" (Classic Edition)